No other facial feature can accentuate your beauty more than eyes. But its also a lot trickier to do eye makeup and achieve the dream look you were wishing for. It does not matter whether you are just a beginner or an avid pro when it comes to doing makeup for your eyes, we have something just for you.
This is a curation of some of the best makeup tips we have discovered over the years and applied in our lives to achieve the flawless glam look.
It’s easier to get overwhelmed with so many different options available, but we have simplified and made it easier for just about anyone by giving away tips and secrets from the top experts in the industry.
Pro Eye Makeup Tips for Beginners
- Eyeliner Tips
- Mascara Tips
- Eyeshadow Tip
- Eyebrow Tips
Eye Makeup Tips for Eyeshadow
There isn’t a better way to add depth and dimension to your eyes other than using Eyeshadow. It is also used for making your eyes look bold and bigger. If you can master the art of applying it, not only will your eyes will look more defined but it will also draw attention towards your eye color.
1. If you want your eye shadow to blend well with your face, it’s important to use primer. This will prevent any creases on your eyelids and make your shadow as smooth as possible.
2. If your skin is dry, you can also use concealer in place of primer as it can be more hydrating and gives much more vibrant results than a primer. But for most cases, a primer will get the job done. You can also invest in better quality synthetic brushes and products to ensure proper blending and results.
3. Use transition shades while applying eyeshadow and gradually move from lighter shades to darker shades to get the desired gradient effect. Don’t start with a darker shade first as it will be very difficult to achieve the nice even blend.
4. The next thing you need to do is to add dimension to your crease and use a darker shade for the bottom area of your eye that is just close to the lash line. This will accentuate your eyes much better.
5. The golden rule is to use small precision brushes while tapping off any excess while applying. Use lighter colors first and gradually transition towards darker shades and always use a lighter hand during application.
6. You can also use a tape below your lashes, before applying eyeshadow to avoid creating a mess under your eyes. Just peel it off once you’re done and you will get perfect smooth results.
Makeup Tips for Perfect Eyeliner
Many girls make the mistake of skipping eyeliner, but there can’t be a better way to draw attention towards your eyes other than using an eyeliner. It lets you define your eyes flawlessly and fill in any sparse looking lashes. There are multiple ways you can apply eyeliner and this gives you plenty of room for experimenting with different looks.
7. It’s always better to apply eyeliner by tilting your head upwards and looking down into the mirror, instead of just keeping it straight. It helps you have a better viewing angle while applying eyeliner.
8. Its always better to dot your eyelashes to achieve an even stroke while applying eyeliner. You can also keep it dotted to achieve a more sophisticated look.
9. Try to apply eyeliner as close as possible to your natural lash line so that it appears denser.
10. If you have light eyes, its best to go with a brown eyeliner while black liner works best with brown eyes. For achieving an easy ombré look, use three liners from the same color gradient group and apply it horizontally.
11. Give the illusion of bigger eyes by disconnecting top and bottom liner.
12. To achieve the smoky eye effect, use pencil eyeliner and smudge it using a smudging brush to achieve an awesome smoky eye effect.
Makeup Tips for Mascara
If you are getting late and want a quick way to pep up your face, you can just apply mascara and it will still work wonders. Mascara can instantly enhance your look and make your eyes look more captivating and gorgeous. Here are some of the important things you need to keep in mind while applying Mascara.
13. Always curl your lashes before applying mascara as it will make it look more prominent. The proper way of applying mascara is from the base to the tip of both the top and bottom eyelashes. It also adds some volume to your lashes without weighing it down.
14. To avoid smudging, you should wipe off the excess mascara from the wand so that it doesn’t clump together and weight your lashes down. It’s also best to wait for a few seconds between consecutive coats to get a cleaner look.
15. If you want to enhance the definition of your eyes, you can use two mascaras instead of one. For best results, always apply mascara at the last.
16. Once you apply the first coat of mascara, dust a bit of translucent powder on your lashes before applying other coat. This will give extra length and volume to your lashes.
17. To beautifully enhance the look of your lashes, use two formulas: one for lengthening and the other for thickening. The thickening formula is used at the base of your lashes to give it more volume while the lengthening formula is applied from the middle to top of your eyelashes. Doing this will make eyelashes look super long and thick.
Makeup Tips for Eyebrow
Eyebrows play a big role in framing your face and drawing attention to your eyes. The key thing is to do makeup on your eyebrows in a way it enhances your face without looking overdone. If done properly it can elevate your look to be more impressive and youthful.
18. The best tip I got was from makeup legend Bobbi Brown who recommends filling in your eyebrows with an eyeshadow that matches the color of your hair. Use feather-light strokes to brush up your eyebrows and follow the natural arc of your brow.
19. Try to avoid any harsh lines as such as our aim is to make them blend with our face and look as natural as possible.
20. You can also give a lift to your eyes by using a highlighter just above the brow and drawing attention to the topmost part of your eyebrow, giving an illusion of eyelift.
21. If you have strong eyebrows, then you can also use gel to groom them and making them appear neat.